Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"Po-Tacos"

Remember my "Loaded 'Garbage' Sweet Potato" post about sweet potatoes and how versatile they are?
I just wanted to reiterate that. I stumbled across a link for these and had to make them immediately to satisfy my carb craving.
There is a great lesson to be learned from this experience: Potatoes are always better baked instead of microwaved. The flavor was unlike any sweet potato I'd ever had. After baking the sweet potatoes (pierce them with a knife first) for an hour at 400 degrees, I sliced them in half and scooped out the middle. I stashed that to eat with some delicious rope vieja made by a great friend of mine. 
I grilled some chicken on my grill pan after marinating it in a recipe I found from this website. I also attempted a homemade taco sauce that is not worth sharing the recipe for because it just wasn't that great.
After baking the potatoes and making the chicken, it's all about the fix in's (all organic...for the most part): taco sauce, cheese, lettuce, salsa, avocado, and Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream).
After fiending for some comfort food the past two weeks, this was exactly what I needed and it was loaded with protein and vitamins. Yummy, clean, guiltless comfort food. xEnjoy!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment