Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

When I started doing Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Trainer for the first time, I struggled with cutting back on carbs. My trainer had always emphasized the importance of controlling my carb intake and that “abs are made in the kitchen.” I didn’t realize how right he had been the entire time until I decided to follow Jamie Eason’s LiveFit meal plans throughout the program. Finding satisfying meals that are low carb was really difficult for me. I am not the type of person who can live off of chicken and broccoli 24/7 which is part of why it was so challenging for me. I'm sure I made it more complex than it needed to be too. ;)

I found this recipe on one of my favorite websites after I had made some P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps (these are a staple in my home). The last time I made them, I was left with some leftover ground chicken and lettuce that needed to be used. I also had a big bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (“I put that sh*t on everything!”) on hand. All I had to do was run down to the store to get some blue cheese crumbles.




I made mine with slightly different measurements than the original recipe based on what I had on hand.

Ingredients:

·      ½ lb ground chicken
·      1 stalk of celery, chopped
·      1 ½ cups of hot sauce
·      Iceberg lettuce (Romaine would work as well)
·      Blue cheese crumbles (Gorgonzola would be good too!)

Preheat the oven to 315 degrees. Partially cook the ground chicken on high, in a frying pan, about 2-5 minutes.  Place the partially cooked chicken and chopped celery in an 8x8 baking dish or pan. Pour the hot sauce over the chicken and celery and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. Let the chicken rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.


Carefully separate the lettuce leaves and rinse them with cold water. Pat dry. Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture into each leaf and top with blue cheese crumbles.

xEnjoy

#healthywholebeautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment