Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chocolate "Milkshake" For Breakfast


Hormones are on the fritz and all I wanted was a chocolate milkshake for breakfast to comfort myself. I decided to shake things up up with a yummy alternative to my morning oatmeal of rolled oats, PB, and banana. I do use Greek yogurt in this recipe. You can avoid dairy altogether by subbing the Greek yogurt with crushed ice. I threw everything into my Magic Bullet so the measurements below are close approximations.

Healthy Chocolate "Milkshake"

1/2 cup of almond milk -- I used unsweetened coconut Almond Breeze but feel free to use whatever variety you have on hand
1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats (uncooked)
1 heaping scoop of VegaOne Choc-A-Lot All-in-One powder
1/4 of a cup of plain Greek yogurt (can sub ice--add as much as you want depending on how thick you want it)
1/2 of a banana frozen

Toss all ingredients into a blender or bullet and pulse in 30 second-1 minute intervals. Topped with some whipped cream, mini choc chips, and a drizzle of choc syrup. #noms #ilovechocolate

 xEnjoy and stay #healthywholebeautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment