Thursday, December 6, 2012

Spicy Shrimp Tacos

I love shrimp, I love cilantro, I love cabbage, I love cayenne pepper and I love recipes that include ingredients that I already have on hand. I found this recipe via Pinterest from a blog called Clean & Delicious. It is a perfect recipe for a delicious, clean meal that is not at all complicated to put together and it is loaded with protein.

I halved the recipe to yield enough for a single-person portion size plus leftovers. The only modification I made was that I sautéed some garlic in the olive oil before cooking my shrimp for some extra flavor. I know from past experience that shrimp cooked in nothing but oil with salt and pepper does not have enough flavor for me.

If you are sensitive to spicy foods, be careful with the cayenne! I love a lot of heat on my plate so I had no problem with the amount of cayenne that the recipe originally calls for. Always start small and add more to your liking.

I think that the next time I make these I would add some fresh, organic pineapple pieces to add even more flavor.


Chances are, you didn't have all the ingredients on hand like I did. Corn tortillas usually come in large bags but leftovers can be frozen. The best way to thaw them out is to defrost them in the microwave with a damp paper towel. You don't have to wait until you are making tacos again to use them. One of my friends once made me a really delicious breakfast with corn tortillas topped with scrambled eggs and queso fresco. Super easy and a nice twist on the traditional scrambled eggs and toast. Get creative so that you don't risk wasting anything!

#eatclean

No comments:

Post a Comment