Monday, May 28, 2012

Quinoa Burgers

Apologies once again for the lag between posts. Full time summer school, full time work, and full time SUMMER have me quite occupied. However, with my new iPhone and the awesome Blogger App, posting should become more frequent. No more excuses. :)

My latest kitchen adventure was preceded by an in depth Pinterest search for a good recipe using quinoa as the main ingredient! Quinoa is a high-protein grain similar to couscous that is often overlooked. It is highly versatile and easy to cook. Quinoa can be a substitute for noodles, rice, can be used for salads, and many other things! Aside from being high in protein, it has many other benefits. To learn a little more about what quinoa is, visit this link.

I found a recipe for quinoa burgers that I fell in love with. I cut the recipe in half as living alone does not require family-sized portions. Don't worry, I still had leftovers for lunch the next day! I took her advice and tried one burger with tzatziki sauce and the other with fry sauce (ingredients listed below). I topped mine with tomatoes, avocados, onions, and pickles. The only thing that would have made them just a tad better would have been a nice crisp, crunchy piece of lettuce.



I didn't use measurements for the sauces. I just added ingredients to my liking. Here is a list of ingredients for each sauce:

Tzatziki Sauce
Plain Greek yogurt
Grated cucumber
Smashed garlic
Salt
Pepper

I find that it is best to let this chill in the fridge for a bit before eating. It allows time for the garlic flavor to permeate the yogurt. YUM!

Fry Sauce
Ketchup
Mayo (I used olive oil mayo)
Salt
Pepper


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment